Stuck on an error?

Get help with Code for Teens
JeremyMoritz
Site Admin

Stuck on an error?

Post by JeremyMoritz » Tue May 15, 2018 11:31 am

One of my readers sent me a message saying she had a persistent error message when using the `let` keyword to declare a variable in chapter 1. She accidentally assigned an `undefined` value to a new variable that was declared using the `let` keyword. This resulted in her inability to either fix the declaration or redeclare that variable.

Good news! The fix for this is easy: simply click the refresh button (the "circle arrow" button at the top left of the browser window) and try again!

Alternatively you could use a different variable name. There is nothing particularly special about any of the variable names in this book, so feel free to use different names as often as is helpful.

Hope this helps!
Jeremy Moritz
Author of Code for Teens
www.CodeForTeens.com

DavidMoritz

Re: Stuck on an error?

Post by DavidMoritz » Tue May 15, 2018 12:21 pm

I am using a MacBook and Firefox and I tried to implement this fix but it didn’t work for me. I’m not sure if I am pressing the right button in order to refresh but each time I tried to say ‘let french fries = “yummy”;’ then it keeps saying a different kind of error. Please help me with this. I don’t know where else to turn, thank you! :ugeek:

JeremyMoritz
Site Admin

Re: Stuck on an error?

Post by JeremyMoritz » Tue May 15, 2018 7:01 pm

Try putting that `french fries` variable in camelCase:

Code: Select all

let frenchFries = "yummy";
Jeremy Moritz
Author of Code for Teens
www.CodeForTeens.com